Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Future Guru (I need your help!)

Just got my yoga on and showered, so I'm feeling really relaxed. When I do yoga, by the end of the routine, my mind gets super focused. I start to hear the voices inside. It hit me that tomorrow's the end of the month, the last day of January 2007. That number rings in my head - 2007. Seven is the number of perfection, completion (as is discovered in the Bible and other historical texts), and just so happens to be my favorite number. I'll be 34 (3+4 hmmm) this year - in the 7th month of 2007 (anyone out there into numerology?). I figure with all these 7's, this must be MY year for completion and perfection. Not saying I'll ever be perfect, but I strive to be the best me that I can.

Another thing popped into my mind - this kid, Marc Yu, that was on Ellen DeGeneres last week that shared the lovely Gandhi joke i posted earlier. He's an 8 year old "prodigy" who can play the piano like a beast. You can just hear the intelligence when he talks. He probably makes all A's in school and will be in college by age 13 and a brain surgeon at 20.

Well, I'm too old to be a child prodigy. But, I've decided I want to be a guru - an expert at something. So why do I need your help? I need to find out what it is I can be a guru at! (In the voice of Little Richard in that Geico commercial, "Help me! Somebody, help me!")

You see, I'm pretty darn good at a lot of things, damn good at a few things, and pretty great at a couple things. I am knowledgeable about a lot of things and can advise people on most things (go ahead - ask me!). But sadly, I am no guru at anything... or if I am I haven't realized it yet.

I wanna be so great at something or so knowledgeable on a subject that Oprah and The Today Show invite me at least a couple times a year (and Ellen DeGeneres, too!). I want to be known as the authority on that thing. I want people to write letters or post questions on my blog requesting my assistance on that thing. I want to travel the world to share my knowledge or give seminars on the subject of my guru-ness.

So, people who know me... any ideas? What do you see me being great at? And people who don't know me, what thing does the world need a guru on? What is there that seems there is no authority on the subject? I'm creative and a fast learner. Ya'll know my goal is to be a woman of leisure and retire by age 40. I need your ideas! I'm trying to blow up. I promise, I'll take you all there with me!

No comments: