Thursday, February 15, 2007

Thought of the Day

Happy Belated Valentimes Day to my Blogging Family! (Yes, I said ValenTIMES)

I hope you all had an enjoyable, peaceful, fun and/or romantical day yesterday. I also hope that you felt very loved and cherished by someone or many, just as everyone should. And if you didn't have a "Valentine" to call your own, know that you have your Self to love and treat better than anyone ever could.

I apologize for my slacking this week. I've been overtaken with preliminary wedding plans and a surge in work, in addition to my fiancee being in town. I just wanted to share this thought for all my Christian Sista-Gurls out there in their quest for the man of their dreams:

"A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her."

It may sound cliche but it's so true. I do believe that is what happened to me. My prince didn't find me until I had given up on men and found my joy in myself and love of my own spirit - which is the Spirit of God in me. Once you give up on the thought of a man coming into your life to bring you joy, and fall in love with yourself and appreciate where you are, the planets will align to put your soul mate in your life. Faith is hard to hold on to, but I promise, it'll be worth it. This goes for the men, too!

2 comments:

Miz JJ said...

I agree with that philosophy. You definitely need to love yourself first.

Unknown said...

U ain't neva lied! :)