Monday, February 05, 2007

February 4, 2007 - A Day for the History Books

Happy Monday, Everyone. I hope you all enjoyed the Superbowl yesterday. Big Thanks to Butta for a lovely time and the yummy chilli. Although I was looking for an Anti-Superbowl Party to go to, I ended up at Butta's Superbowl Potluck Set and I must say, I thoroughly enjoyed watching the game. I didn't realize how much I actually knew about the game until I was right-on with the refs as I called every personal, traveling, and fragrant* foul that was committed by the players. Even with the lack of home runs in the game, I enjoyed the action of the game -- but more than that, the company, the food and best of all, the halftime show.

Prince TORE. IT. UP. Aside from the man being a musical genius, he is the only one that can work a guitar, a do-rag and some high heels in the rain and still break it down so that it can forever be broke. If anybody out there missed it, here's my favorite part of the performance when my original baby daddy so appropriately sang, Perpetual... Pouring... I mean Purple Rain as we lifted our lighters in reverence to the Androgynous King of Diamonds, Pearls and Pink Cashmere...



Seeing this made it all worthwhile. I can't imagine there ever being a half-time show better than this. The Super Purple People Eater, aka Prince, in my opinion, truly should be in the history books. And how appropriate that ths game was indeed a historical event -- setting new records and being the first ever Superbowl to be won (and lost) by a Black Coach and possibly (correct me on this 'cuz I'm assuming) the only winning Coach to aknowledge God in his victory speech.

Big ups to the producers and everyone who had part in making this game something that I shall never forget - even moreso because it is how I spent the first evening of being engaged to my new fiance, the G-Bear himself and my new Prince. (Let's see who reads this posting in its entirety).

I hope you all enjoyed your weekend as much as I did!

*Fragrant foul - Not to be confused with "flagrant foul". This is when a very large player piles at the top of a heap of players after a tackle and flatulates, forcing the heap of players to inhale his stank, therefore intoxicating them so that they are fuzzy-minded during the next play. Usually a 20-yard penalty.

11 comments:

Butta said...

I said...OK, screamed...it last night, but here I go one mo' gen:

Congratulations, girlie!

I needed to put my shades on for all that bling bling you were rocking. Can't wait for the wedding!

Oh, and I thought a fragrant foul was when someone had on too much cologne/perfume to cover up B.O. LOL

Miz JJ said...

I love Prince. Love him. I love what Chris Rock said about Prince. "Remember when we use to argue who was better...Prince or Michael Jackson? Prince won." No doubt about it. I even loved his head scarf. You know he just got his hair pressed.

Meilyn said...

Aw, thanks, gurl! 'preciate cha!
Oh yes, that is indeed another form of the fragrant foul. I was just talking about the football version. :-)

Dee said...

thanks for dropping by
very nice writing you do in here
I'll be back
and congratulations

Skoolboi Krush said...

Yeah! Prince did his thing last night. I really didn't pay any attention to the second half. I'd seen what I wanted to see.

LOL@Fragrant fouls...you are funny.

Congrats by the way! I like how you slipped that in.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! Congrats!! Congrats!! It sounds as though you're extremely happy. I'm glad that you have found your Prince, but I'm certain that your Prince is much more happy that he's found you.

Leoninatl said...

Congratulations on your engagement!

And you were right, Prince was the Truth during halftime. I wish he had sang "When Doves Cry" though...

YouToldHarpoTaBeatMe said...

Uh huh... we caught that. Congrats on your engagement! He best be on his royal behavior.

I just blogged about my honorary baby daddy too. What is he? 70? And he's still tearin' up the spot.

I was in awe of all that Tony Dungy had to say as well. He knows the deal. They didn't do that on their own. Shoot. It's been like 40 years since they last won a SuperBowl.

Meilyn said...

Thanks, everyone for the congratulations. We're really happy (me and High Fidelity). It's all still sinking in I guess but it's exciting!

TDJ said...

New to your blog. Congrats on the engagement. And yes, Prince rocked the h*ll outta that doorag as only he could.

Unknown said...

Im mad i missed the beginning......I was too busy texting and talking.....It was very ironic how it rained and he performed Purple rain unless he had planned to do that if it rained....I will find some time to watch it on youtube...and Congratulations