Friday, February 02, 2007

Anti-Superbowl Party, Anyone?

Well, it's the same thing every year. It's Superbowl season and I feel like the pigeon-toed, lazy-eyed step child of the Western World. I'm not into football (baseball either but that's another story). Never have been. Doubt I ever will be. Been to several pro games... Washington Redskins (of course), B'more Ravens, ATL Braves, and the Houston... umm... what are they called? The fun of it only came from seeing the men in tights and having an opportunity to participate in "the wave" when all the people in the stadium collectively do a stand-up-sit-down dance. I still think that's amazing... I mean, like, how does the wave start?

Anyway, the old hullabaloo of what to do on Sunday afternoon comes up and while I've been to many a Superbowl party, and could use it as an excuse to go to someone's home and be loud and eat junk food, I'm looking for more exciting alternatives. Not to mention I wish to defy all those people who make you feel like anybody who's anybody has to be at a Superbowl Party somewhere... Not in my world.

While the world consumes massive amounts of beer and pizza, and screams obscenities at players who can't hear them, what will I do? I could read a good book and lounge on my couch or pay-per-view a flick, but since that's been the Sunday afternoon norm since I took this semester off from school, I'm thinking I need something different.

So, is anybody having an Anti-Superbowl Party? This is a great opportunity for club and party promoters. Have a Happy Hour on Superbowl Sunday for all the non-football watchers like myself. OK, maybe it'll just be females and gay men, but we'd still have a great time tossing back cosmos and dancing to some ole school disco and house. I'm waiting to get my "free before the game starts" email pass on that, so let me know! Otherwise, I think I'll be repainting my master bathroom and cleaning out all my heat pump registers in the house.

BIG Shout out to all my football non-lovers who are tired of faking like you're into the game and cheering just 'cause everyone else is and/or to those who DVR the game just to go back through and watch the funny commercials.

4 comments:

Butta said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meilyn said...

Well, how can I turn down good food and Prince?

Butta said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unruly said...

My mom had a Superbowl Commercial Party cuz that's about all she and my sisters saw.