Monday, May 19, 2008

Janet Brings the Rhythm Nation to Ellen Degeneres Show


I JUST watched Janet Jackson perform "Rhythm Nation" on the Ellen Degeneres show. Three words: Fab. Yoo. Lis!


At 40+ years old, Janet is an inspiration. While cosmetically enhanced, she still looks gorgeous. But even more than that, she's still got the moves. The precision of each step and motion of every finger and toe amazes me. Add that to the fact that she still can breathe enough to sing along with the track (you know she never sings totally "live") adds even more awe to her already awesome-ness. The routine was very Michael-esque, but still, nobody can pop-lock like Janet except Rerun from What's Happenin', and I'm positive that he can't even do it anymore.




I just had to sound off with a BIG BIG UPS to Janet. You look fabulis, gurl. You make me want to go back like bucket seats and pull out my all-black outfit with the black baseball cap and big hoop earrings and run to Great Clips and get a curly perm.

2 comments:

Mischo Beauty said...

LOL! Dang, I missed it! Funny post...I was crackin' up at the YouTube video. WHY don't we have shows like that on anymore??

I wanna try to catch Janet's upcoming tour this fall because I've heard her show is amazing!

lilladyluck83 said...

Love Janet!

So when I was younger and Rhythm Nation came out.. I dressed up as Janet for Halloween. I had that outfit down to the TEE! I had the metal pieces for my hat and jacket just like hers, gloves, the whole 9! Ahhh memories :)