Monday, May 19, 2008

An Awesome Church in Atlanta!

Destiny Metropolitan Worship Church in Marrietta, GA, is where I've been attending service for about 8 months now. I have to thank "Leon" who suggested it to me on this blog. It's non-denominational but reminds me in many ways of my Baptist church back home in Virginia. The church is fairly young - a lot of 20- and 30-somethings. You can dress as you want (within reason) from jeans to suits. It's well-organized and well-run, and the church is doing a lot to help the community and surrounding Atlanta area.

The fact that it's non-denominational is actually a plus to me. I'm all for corporate worship but not so much for "organized religion" if that makes any sense. I like that the church welcomes all people regardless of race, color, or denomination, and that the pastor simply tries to teach as accurately as he can from the Bible. It's straight and to the point... not the mention the music is amazing. They sing a lot of my fav's -- especially Fred Hammond. And they bring the house down, too.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in getting their praise on and getting some serious Bible lessons, check out Pastor Crute at Destiny. Here's there website. There's a link to some of the music and lots of other info, including their schedule of services. Hope to see you there! God bless.

http://destinymetro.org/

1 comment:

Fergie said...

That is awesome, glad you found a church home!!!