Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Congratulations, Obama Family

He told us "YES WE CAN" and I'm happy to say "YES, WE DID!" I am speechless... almost. I don't know how to truly express what i am feeling today. Last night was emotionally draining but one of the most exciting nights of my life. I haven't been so nervous since my wedding day. I am overwhelmed with joy and pride and excitement and relief.

The photos and videos of people celebrating Obama all over the world are so poignant and powerful. How wonderful. I wonder if any other election candidate in our history has garnered this type of international support. I am inspired and recharged.

In my eyes, the world is a more beautiful place today, and I’ve never felt so patriotic before. The energy from last night is still flowing and it touches me – I see people in their cars driving by who are happy, I hear people talking about it in the stores, and they are joyous and can’t wait to celebrate more. I am so proud of US. It is amazing what we can do when we work as a team. Even though we have a long, rough road still ahead of us and each of us are going through in our own way, I have let out a little sigh of release and I’m hopeful for what is to come.

No weapon formed against us shall prosper.

No comments: